Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and Junie B. is excited for the Holiday Sing-Along and gift exchange at school. Then a first-grade disaster strikes! Junie B. draws Tattletale May’s name for the classroom gift exchange. Will she use this as a chance to teach May a lesson, or do the right thing and choose not be a “shellfish” person?
Four ways to see Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells!
In-person preview: Nov. 4, 2021
Thanks to our sponsor, Nationwide, we were able to offer a limited number of discounted tickets for preview night. Please note this show is being presented in the John Viars Theatre to allow for distancing.
In-person: Nov. 5-14, 2021
Please note this show is being presented in the John Viars Theatre to allow for distancing
Our safety guide has been updated and reflects these main changes.
- Masks are required for everyone over the age of 2 regardless of vaccination status for performances of Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! Volunteers and guests who do not comply will not be admitted and tickets or tuition will be refunded.
- The Playhouse will seat at full capacity if demand warrants.
- The Playhouse will make adjustments where possible at the time of the performance for those who prefer greater seating distance from other guests.
- Seating will begin at 6:30 PM for Friday evening shows, 12:30 PM for the early Saturday and Sunday matinees, and 3:30 PM for the later Saturday and Sunday matinees.
- There will be no autographs after the show.
Please note: The Playhouse remains committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for volunteers and guests and as such we are monitoring the current recommendations, guidelines, and restrictions to which we are subject. Based on CDC and state guidelines at the time of your event, protocols may include mask enforcement, social distancing, or more. Volunteers and guests who do not comply with Playhouse policies will not be admitted and guest tickets will be refunded. Click here to download our full safety guide updated Aug. 31, 2021.
Opening night livestream: 7:00 PM, Friday, Nov. 5, 2021
Video-on-Demand: Available beginning Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021, through Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021
Video-on-demand (VOD) guidance
- When you order VOD, you will receive a link in the Your Confirmation email. Once you start viewing you have 24 hours to complete the video.
- The video can be cast to your smart TV if your TV can accept casting. (The newer models do.) Or if you have ROKU or Chromecast, they too can accept your casting.
- There are three cameras in The Playhouse’s John Viars Theatre. While there are some varied angles, there are no movie/Hamilton on Disney+ close-ups. This is not a film; it is a recording of a live theatre production.
If ticket prices are keeping you away from this show, please call the ticket office at 515.277.6261, Noon-5:00 PM, Tuesday-Friday. We have supporters who want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see this production.
Click here to download a digital Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! P Bill Jr. The Download Playbill link below is for the main playbill.
- Performance Times:
- 7:00 PM Fridays; 1:00 PM & 4:00 PM Saturdays & Sundays
- School Matinees:
- 9:30 AM & Noon, Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021
- Kate Goldman Children's Theatre Presented in the John Viars Theatre
- Run Time:
- 80 minutes including a 15-minute intermission
- Content Advisory:
- Playhouse children’s theatre productions are intended for ages 5 and up.
- Download Playbill